Acer XV Ultimate Thriver Head
- The Acer XV Ultimate Thriver provides golfers with the best of both worlds by generating driver distance with the control of a fairway wood off of the tee.
- What makes most golfers miss a fairway off of the tee? There are 2 reasons: The club length is too long and the head is too lightweight. Most drivers today are increasingly longer in length and lighter weight than a few years ago. Why? So one can potentially swing the club faster and have more leverage to hit the ball further. But that is only achievable if the ball is struck solidly in the center of the face that is square to the target. This is fine for a robot or a touring pro with a repeatable swing. For the average golfer it is a recipe for yet another missed fairway.
- Heavier Head Weight: The Acer XV Ultimate Thriver is a full 10 to 20 grams heavier than a normal driver to allow from anywhere between 1 to 2 inches shorter for a more controllable playing length that now has the proper amount of weight in their hands. The addition of the weight produces even greater forgiveness making this the ultimate in control off the tee. Plus with more weight in the head will transfer more momentum to the ball and establish a better swing tempo. Heavier weight head maximizes MOI and increases momentum into the ball.
- Lower Loft: One change to this Thriver is reduced loft (12º) which produces approximately the same launch angle as a standard weight 10.5º driver which will have more roll out and total distance. Slightly lower loft than previous versions to increase roll and overall distance
- Adjustable Weighting: The Acer XV Ultimate Thriver comes with 3 different weights (2, 7 and 12 grams) giving customers options for length and swingweight not possible with any other driver on the market. Start “thriving” today for a better score. Adjustable weighting to provide more fitting options.
- Thin, reactive face for high COR right up to the legal limit for more distance.
- Shorter, more control length for solidness of contact
- Large, confidence building volume (460cc) and face height
- Loft, Lie, Face Angle +/- 1°; Weight +/- 3 gm tolerance.
|Loft||Lie||Weight||Volume||Face Angle||Face Height||Std Length|
|12°||59°||215 g||460 cc||Square||56 mm||43.5"|
|Right Hand:||12º||Left Hand:||12º|
|Breadth:||114 mm||Hosel Bore:||0.335"|
|Finish:||Black||Material:||Forged 6AL-4V Titanium|
if no tip trim (like a driver), you will keep a shaft a bit softer for a bit higher launch angle.
you can do tip trim between driver and #3 wood.
5 Most useful customer reviews (see all reviews):